QBP Rehab Planning: Achieving Best Practice for Stroke Rehab Intensity
- Check-in to see how we are doing as a Stroke Region (current resources, therapy intensity, weekend therapy, length of stay targets)
- Learn from a patient’s perspective
- Learn from others about what they’re doing that’s making a difference
- Share experiences/stories
- Update on advocacy efforts at regional and provincial levels
- Work together to plan quality improvement initiatives
The resources shared at the forum can be found on this page to support the achievement of stroke rehabilitation intensity.
- Presented by Andrea Guth, Interim Program Director for Waterloo-Wellington Integrated Stroke Program at Grand River Hospital
- Outlines the strategies used by Grand River Hospital in Kitchener to increase the rehabilitation intensity for stroke survivors in its rehabilitation unit.
- Prepared by Dr. Robert Teasell, Parkwood Hospital
- Outlines the scientific evidence supporting Stroke Rehabilitation Intensity
- Presentations by speakers from various rehabilitation programs within or near the Southwestern Ontario Stroke Region
- Outlines successful local strategies used to improve stroke rehabilitation intensity
- Compilation of all presentations
- Includes results from Rehabilitation Rehab Intensity Engagement Sessions conducted by Deb Willems with the individual rehabilitation programs in the region
A knowledge exchange fair was a component at the rehabilitation forum. At this fair, the rehabilitation programs which had local success stories that were presented to the group shared handouts that participants could gather for future reference.
Chatham Kent Healthcare Alliance
Grey-Bruce Health Services
Grand River Hospital
Hamilton Health Sciences:
- Application Review Process
- Physical Gym Environment Modification and Patient Scheduling Changes
- Patient Transport
- Referral Expectations
Hotel-Dieu Grace Healthcare
- Increasing rehab intensity by approaching it from different angles: staff resources, documentation, and processes
Huron Perth Health Care Alliance
Parkwood Institute, St. Joseph’s Health Care London
Southwestern Ontario Stroke Network
Trillium Credit Valley: Rehabilitation Intensity
This section includes patient-centred communication tools to support rehabilitation intensity and support the patient along the rehabilitation journey.