- This event has passed.
Video Conference: Update on Stroke & TIA’s
June 13, 2018 @ 4:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Update on Stroke & TIA’s
When: June 13th, 2018
Time: 4:00 pm – 5:00 pm
Speakers: Dr. B. Young & Susan Kelly, NP
Where: South Bruce Grey Health Centre (Kincardine) or via OTN
OTN: Click here to view event details & register your camera: https://schedule.otn.ca/tsm/portal/nonclinical/details.do?request.requestId=85255767
Learning Objectives: After the presentation, the attendee should
– Be familiar with the major sub-types of acute ischemic strokes
– Recognize stroke and transient ischemic attack mimics
– Arrange for prompt, adequate workup of patients with transient ischemic stroke
– Be aware of how to refer patients with transient ischemic attacks and hyperacute strokes who appear at local emergency rooms or offices
– Be familiar with the current treatments of hyperacute stroke and the timelines
CFPC (Mainpro+ Certification): This one-credit-per-hour Group Learning program meets the certification criteria of the College of Family Physicians of Canada and has been certified by the Continuing Professional Development, Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry, Western University for up to 1 Main pro+ credits. Each participant should claim only those hours of credit that he/she actually spent participating in the educational program.