- This event has passed.
Workshop: Stroke & TIA Management Update for Primary Care Providers in Elgin County
May 31, 2017 @ 12:00 pm - 4:30 pm
***** NOW CME ACCREDITED *****
Please come for an afternoon session to learn about updates to stroke and TIA management
for primary care, and for an opportunity to network with local specialists at St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
and London Health Sciences Centre.
Location: Stoneridge Inn & Conference Centre, Best Western Pluss, 6675 Burtwistle Lane
Format: Didactic presentation and small group case study discussions
Registration: Register online below map below or at https://stroke-tia-update-elgin.eventbrite.com
Registration Deadline: May 29, 2017
- Primary care providers working in Elgin County and Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital catchment area, including family physicians, nurse practitioners, family practice residents, etc.
- Emergency room physicians working at Tillsonburg District Memorial Hospital and St. Thomas Elgin General Hospital
- Provide a practical, primary-care based approach to stroke/TIA diagnosis and management
- Review the Canadian Stroke Best Practice Recommendations related to secondary stroke prevention
- Provide an update of what’s new in the stroke prevention literature
- Reflect upon the role of primary care providers in optimizing stroke prevention
- Share community resources in the Southwestern Ontario Stroke Network region
For more information:
Contact Lyndsey Butler, Regional Stroke Education Coordinator, at email@example.com or at 519-685-8500 ext. 34899