- This event has passed.
Course: NDT/Bobath Certificate Course in the Management of Adults with Stroke & Brain Injury
September 26 @ 8:00 am - 5:00 pm
NDT Certificate Course in the Management of Adults with Stroke and Brain Injury
Part 1 – September 26-29, 2019
Part 2 – October 5-8, 2019
Part 3 – November 7-10, 2019
Part 4 – November 21-24, 2019
Location: Toronto Rehabilitation Institute (550 University Ave, Toronto ON)
Phone: (416) 597-3422 x 3448
Successful completion of this 16-day NDT/Bobath Certificate Course in the Management of Adults with Stroke and Brain Injury course provides eligibility to apply for the NDTA™ Certification Program.
Please note that course registration is limited to a maximum of 20 participants. This course tends to fill up.
Participants will have the opportunity to:
- Gain an understanding of NDT/Bobath principles.
- Improve their ability to analyze typical and atypical movement.
- Apply NDT/Bobath therapeutic handling strategies and techniques to individuals with neuromotor disorders.
- Identify the relationship between participation restriction, functional activity limitations, ineffective posture and movement and impairments in individuals with neuromotor disorders.
- Integrate this approach to management with concepts of neuroplasticity, recovery of function and motor learning theory.
Develop and demonstrate therapeutic handling strategies and skills necessary to improve the individual’s sensorimotor performance and overall functional abilities.