- This event has passed.
Conference: Toronto ABI Network 2018
November 15, 2018 @ 8:00 am - November 16, 2018 @ 5:00 pm
SAVE THE DATE: Toronto ABI Network Conference 2018
We are excited to announce that next year’s conference will take place
Thursday November 15th & Friday November 16th, 2018
at the Toronto Marriott Downtown Eaton Centre Hotel in Toronto, ON
Join leaders and colleagues from across the ABI community for one of Canada’s leading ABI conferences. If you are a healthcare or community service provider, a legal representative, an individual living with the effects of an ABI or their caregiver, you won’t want to miss it.
Keynote Presentation Spotlight
Cognitive-Communication Challenges after ABI: Evidence, Experience and Strategies
Sheila MacDonald, M.CI.Sc. SLP
- Recognize the likelihood of cognitive-communication deficits for individuals with ABI and understand their impact on daily functioning
- Better identify, refer and initiate communication interventions
- Understand the range of evidence-based cognitive-communication interventions provided by speech-language pathologists
- Employ practical strategies to assist those with communication challenges
Find our more from this presenter and others this November!
With two days full of presentations and workshops led by field experts, showcasing the latest developments in Acquired Brain Injury, you won’t want to miss this event!
Here’s a glance at what some of the workshops and concurrent sessions will offer:
- Visual dysfunction in concussion
- Parenting after a brain injury
- Adventures in mental health care in the community for people living with ABI
- Girls and the injured brain
- How to prepare for giving evidence at trial
- Brain death and disorders of consciousness
- Care for concussion patients in acute stages post injury
- Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT)
- Fatigue after ABI
- Smoking management strategies after the 2017 Smoke-Free Ontario Act
- And More! View the full program
Register now Early bird registration ends on October 15th . . .
To receive future updates on this and other events, click HERE to subscribe to our communications list.