- This event has passed.
Conference: Activity & Aging – Older, Faster, Stronger
June 9, 2017 @ 8:00 am - June 10, 2017 @ 5:00 pm
The theme of this year’s event is Older Faster Stronger!
R2A 2017 features two inspiring keynote speakers whose projects are currently making headlines!
- Dr. Stuart Phillips is a professor in Kinesiology and in the School of Medicine at McMaster University. His research focuses on diet- and exercise-induced changes in body composition. Dr. Phillips will discuss what, in his view, successful aging is and how it can be achieved with a higher quality of life.
- Dr. Aric Sudicky is passionate about healthy aging, a published athlete, and recently developed a physical activity prescription pad for use in family physicians’ offices. His motivating presentation reviews evidence-based, practical approaches to lifestyle change to help you age with vitality.
Keynote talks are followed up each day with new active workshops, hands-on and informative sessions covering a range of topics including
- Exercise, aging and cognition
- Importance of proper foot care
- Age-related vision loss
- Engagement in and adherence to exercise for older adults
- Experiences of masters athletes
Check out the complete agenda, read full workshop descriptions, and register on the R2A conference page.
But wait there’s more!
On Thursday, June 8th a variety of pre-conference workshops are offered to enhance delegates’ conference experience.